3/22/2012. Filed under Press Releases.
The YouthALIVE! VolunTEEN Program at the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh is comprised of approximately 20 high school students from throughout the Pittsburgh area. Each of these positions requires an application. Chosen applicants will commit to work at least four hours per week in the Museum. This work will primarily be as a part of the Museum’s Floor Staff Team, though there are possibilities for students to work at outreach festivals or in other areas of the Museum. Many of our volunteers do performances or special projects, specific to the interests of the volunteer. The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh relies on volunteers to help keep a clean and fun environment for our visitors. We are looking for outgoing, positive youth who are interested in working with kids.
Requirements for YouthALIVE! VolunTEENS:
• High School Students 9th – 12th grade (Rising 8th graders may also apply)
• Willing to work closely with visitors to the Museum to facilitate and enrich their experience
• Contribute to special projects and outreach opportunities
• Be a diligent and responsible member of the YouthALIVE! VolunTEEN team
• Work in other departments within the Museum as needed. Ex: Marketing, Visitor Services, Development, etc.
• Garden Tending – these TEENS will work closely in caring for and learning the ins and outs of gardening (optional or exclusive)
Interested youth should submit an application and two teacher referral forms.
The first Orientation will be Friday, May 18, 2012 5pm -6:30pm at The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh. A parent/guardian must attend first orientation with student.
For more information or if you have any questions, contact JuWanda Thurmond, Youth Programs Manager at (412) 322-5058 ext. 238 or Thurmond@pittsburghkids.org or Kimberly Bracken, Youth Programs Coordinator (412) 322-5058 ext. 220 or Kbracken@pittsburghkids.org