- This event has passed.
AFP September Program–Diversity & IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access)
September 19, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
AFP Webinar: Diversity in Giving: Moving from Awareness to Action
Followed by discussion moderated by Ken Elliott, AFPWPA IDEA Chair
Understanding and dealing with diversity, inclusion and equity in today’s philanthropic environment can present both challenges and opportunities. Join two of AFP’s diversity champions, Alphonce J. Brown, Jr., and Janice Gow Pettey in the upcoming diversity webinar which will include a discussion of today’s expanded definition of diversity, the presentation of recent diversity data, examples of diverse philanthropy, and a conversation looking at changes in philanthropy in the United States through the lens of diversity. This session will explore ways nonprofits can move from awareness of diversity to action.
At the end of this session participants will learn to:
1. Better understand the changing landscape of diversity today.
2. Get beyond unconscious bias to understand and leverage giving characteristics of various diverse populations.
3. Create the culture needed to improve fundraising outcomes within diverse communities.
Click here to learn more and to register.
- September 19, 2019
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Fundraising, Grant Writing, Non profit Management & Administration, Provider Events, Race and Social Justice, Webinar
- Event Tags:
- administration, diversity, equity, fundraising, giving, IDEA, inclusion, Nonprofit, philanthropy
February 3 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm