- This event has passed.
Basic Proposal Writing Workshop
January 9, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Tuesday, January 09, 2018 9:30 AM–3:30 PM Main (Oakland)
This full-day course is for individuals who are new to grant seeking and proposal writing for nonprofit organizations, or those who want to update their skills. Participants will learn about:
- Overall grant seeking process
- Basic components of grant proposals
- What and how to write for each component
- Steps to develop a grant project from start to submission
- Tips to increase proposal success rates
- Attendees are encouraged to bring along a proposal they are currently working on, or to think about a particular grant project or idea they would like to work on.
The speaker for this workshop will be Janet C. Emery, CFRE. Janet is president of J. Emery Consulting, Inc. and brings nearly 30 years of successful development experience to her business. Janet’s experience in the arts, education, healthcare and human services supports a documented track record of success. She works with a wide range of clients, helping these nonprofits enhance their sustainability through wise and ethical development practices. Janet partners with her clients to find customized answers to their questions.
The fee to attend this program is $30 per person which must be paid at the door with either cash or check made payable to Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Space is limited and registration is required by calling the Nonprofit Resource Center at 412.622.6277.
Click here to learn more and to register.
CLP – Main (Oakland) – Classroom A
4400 Forbes AvenuePittsburgh 15213
Nonprofit Resource Center