- This event has passed.
Don’t Be A Trigger: A Trauma-Informed Care Approach to Working with Children…
July 12 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Fri, July 12, 2019
10:00 AM – 1:30 PM EDT
United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania
1250 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Looking for a more in-depth dive into Trauma Informed Care? Debralyn Woodberry Shaw of ELIE Circle, LLC is here to help! Our past experiences – personal, familial, societal – influence our brain development and shape how we interpret and respond to the world. In this session youth workers will explore how trauma might manifest in their program. Participants will also learn how self-awareness and a growth mindset aid in creating a Trauma-Informed Community and protect youth workers from the effects of vicarious trauma.
- be introduced to the Trauma-Informed Care framework
- become familiar with the foundations of Trauma-Informed Care
- understand complex trauma and the parts of the brain related to trauma
- be introduced to vicarious trauma
- identify self-care and building resilience techniques
- reflect on their past experiences and how they influence their interactions with young people
- explore growth mindset
Lunch will be provided.
Click here to learn more and to register.