- This event has passed.
Mastering the Art of the Ask
December 1, 2015 @ 9:30 am
Takeaways will include:
• A review of the motivations behind charitable giving and how they impact the ask;
• Understanding the differences in approach when asking for major or planned gifts;
• How to talk about your organization and mission that can inspire gifts;
• Secrets to getting the visit, including sample letters and scripts;
• A step-by-step analysis of the specific components of making the ask that gets the gift.
The speaker will be Maureen Mahoney Hill, CFRE, an independent consultant working with nonprofit organizations to build fundraising, communications and marketing capacity. Started in 2006, Maureen specializes in strategy development and training for nonprofits seeking to build financial security and future sustainability. With more than 24 years of experience in fundraising, Maureen has held development positions with The Children’s Institute, The Pittsburgh Foundation, Penn State and The Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh. Maureen teaches the highly-rated planned giving classes at the Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management at Robert Morris University. A Certified Fund Raising Executive since 1999, Maureen holds a bachelor’s degree in Human Development from Penn State and a master’s from the School of Social Work at Pitt.
The fee to attend this workshop is $20 per person, which includes a light continental breakfast, and can be paid at the door with cash or check made payable to Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. To register, please call the Nonprofit Resource Center at 412-622-6277.
4400 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213