- This event has passed.
NLA Training: Guiding Students to Own and Solve Their Problems
May 20, 2016 @ 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
May 20th, 2016
11:30AM-1:30PM & 3:00PM-5:00PM
Location: The Children’s Home – 5324 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh 15224
Participants will learn:
- five steps for helping students to learn to own and solve their problems
- why it’s important that educators avoid rescuing students by solving problems for them
- how to avoid resistance while helping students learn to problem-solve
- guidelines for determining when to allow students to solve problems versus when to step in
- the importance of keeping our disciplinary discussions with students very brief
Click here to register.