- This event has passed.
NLA Training: Quick and Easy Preventative Intervention
April 15, 2016 @ 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
April 15th, 2016
11:30AM-1:30PM & 3:00PM-5:00PM
Location: The Children’s Home – 5324 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh 15224
Participants will learn:
- about research showing that effective teachers spend most of their time and energy preventing behavior problems instead of reacting to them
- specific interventions designed to prevent disruptive behavior
- guidelines for using preventative interventions versus using logical consequences
- the importance of addressing discipline on two levels: prevention of misbehavior and accountability for poor behavior
- that positive teacher-student relationships are the foundation of preventative discipline
Click here to register.