- This event has passed.
Non-profit Board Essentials: Building an Effective Board
September 30, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
This program will introduce you to the basics of building and sustaining a dynamic board for your nonprofit.
Join us for this training and learn:
- What qualities you need to look for in a potential board member;
- The responsibilities that your board members will be asked to assume, including creating a long-range plan and resource development;
- How to create a healthy relationship between the board and the executive director;
- Ways to nurture a passionately committed, highly effective and thoroughly engaged board of directors.
- Our speaker will also address how to conduct an energetic and productive board meeting. Learn how to develop meeting agenda and discover creative ways to turn every board meeting into a rewarding experience.
The speaker will be Michael Kumer, founder and owner of Boards MTO (Made to Order), a boutique consulting firm helping community benefit boards attain excellence in all areas of governance. An exceptional facilitator, he is often called upon to help organizations achieve consensus. Michael previously served as the Executive Director of Duquesne University’s Nonprofit Leadership Institute and Associate Dean of the School of Leadership and Professional Advancement. Additionally, Michael has benefited from personal experience as a board or advisory council member of numerous prestigious organizations.
The fee to attend this program is $20 per person. Space is limited and registration is required by calling the Nonprofit Resource Center at 412.622.6277. (If you also register for the afternoon program on Fundraising for Boards, the total fee to attend both will be $30.)
CLP – Main (Oakland) – Classroom A
4400 Forbes AvenuePittsburgh 15213
Contact: Nonprofit Resource Center
Click here to learn more.