- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Bridging the Gap Between Afterschool and Workforce
March 20, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tue, Mar 20, 2018 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM EDT
Employability skills like communication and critical thinking are among the most desired by employers, but evidence suggests a gap in those skills among young workers. To address this gap, the afterschool sector is finding ways to provide high quality skill-building experiences outside of the classroom to create stronger connections to the labor market. This webinar will focus on two new white papers: Afterschool and Workforce: Opportunities for System-Level Alignment (linked here: https://goo.gl/PZ44TH ), released by the American Youth Policy Forum (AYPF) and Building Workforce Skills in Afterschool (linked here: https://goo.gl/hgFFam), released by Afterschool Alliance. Both publications examine how afterschool and summer learning can help more youth develop the competencies desired by employers.
Presenters will include:
• Carinne Deeds, Co-Author, Afterschool and Workforce: Opportunities for System-level Alignment
• Carl Dasse, Assistant Director Research and Planning, Children’s Services Council of Broward County, Florida
• Nikki Yamashiro, Director of Research, Afterschool Alliance
• Hayley Tompkins, M.Ed., Program Executive, Minneapolis Beacons Network
• Moderator: Betsy Brand, Executive Director, American Youth Policy Forum
Click here to register.