- This event has passed.
Women+ in Green
June 7 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Fri, June 7, 2019 – 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDT
4100 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Join us for Green Building Alliance’s 2nd annual Women+ in Green Breakfast, where we’ll combine inspiring stories of courage and mentorship!
About this Event
Green Building Alliance is working to elevate Pittsburgh’s network of united, powerful, Women+ in Green through both our Inspire Speakers Series and the Women+ in Green breakfast!
GBA’s Women+ in Green Breakfast (presented by Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC) aims to celebrate and foster a culture of courage within the field of sustainability. Join us to hear inspiring stories of courage and mentorship with candid panel discussions and facilitated table conversations. Jane Abernethy and Celeste Smith will present our keynote addresses and we’ll hear unique perspectives from other leaders making big changes in Pittsburgh and beyond.
Full breakfast (catered by The Porch) is included in your registration fee.
Click here to learn more and to register.
Our dynamic panel discussion includes:
– Chris Cieslak (Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh)
– Rebecca Lucore (Covestro)
– Lindsay Powell (Mayor Peduto’s Office)
– Camila Rivera-Tinsley (Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy)
Our table discussion leads include:
– Alicia Avick (Advantus Engineers)
– Erica Cochran (Carnegie Mellon University)
– Danielle Crumrine (Tree Pittsburgh)
– Angela Garcia (Global Links)
– Laleh Gharanjik (Jendoco Construction)
– Jana Lake (3R Sustainability)
– Emily Pierson-Brown (Perkins Eastman Architects)
– Joylette Portlock (Sustainable Pittsburgh)
– Zinna Scott (Operation Better Block)
– Demeshia Seals (DLRS Consulting)
– Brenna Shaffer (Rothschild Doyno Architects)
– Alicia Volcy (IKM Architects)
Women+ in Green is brought to you as a two day event. Participants are welcome to attend either the Thursday night event, Friday morning event, or both!
Do you know a woman, femme, or non-binary individual who should be at the table with us? With this year’s theme of a “Culture of Courage,” we are encouraging you to bring them with you! Or, donate a ticket to help someone you don’t know to make it here.
In an effort to make this event as accessible as possible, we have multiple scholarship opportunities available.