- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
July 27, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Fri, July 27, 2018
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
1250 Penn Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Youth Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches you how to help young people experiencing mental health challenges or crises. It reviews the unique risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents ages 12-18 and emphasizes the importance of early intervention. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of addictions and mental health challenges. The course introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development, and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help young people in both crisis and non-crisis situations. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD), and eating disorders.
What you learn…
- Risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems.
- Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and addiction disorders.
- A 5-step action plan to help someone developing a mental health problem or in crisis.
- Where to turn for help — professional, peer, and self-help resources.
Click here to learn more and to register.
- July 27, 2018
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Health and Safety
- Event Tags:
- AD/HD, anxiety, behavior disorders, depression, eating disorders, First Aid, Health, health challenges, Mental Health, substance use, Youth, youth mental health