Mother to Son (MTS) is a unique model that offers single mothers and their African American sons ages 8-15 and their siblings ages 3 to 8 for child care, emotional support, education, a platform to share ideas, training, a safe environment, and mentoring. Boys in the program receive Manhood Training that develops in them a new understanding of the values, attitudes, skills and habits of a responsible man. Mothers in the program learn how to deal with depression, isolation and anger which are things that can overwhelm them. During January and February, meetings take place every other Thursday (January 19, February 2, and February 16, 2017) at St. James A.M.E. Church at 444 Lincoln Avenue from 6:00-8:00 pm.
- Address Center for Family Excellence 409 Dinwiddie St Pittsburgh, PA, 15219
- Contact Name Georgina Omeje
- Phone 1 219 412-665-2810
- E-mail email@example.com
- Website http://www.ssdipgh.org
- Organization Mother to Son Program
- Organization Type NP
- Days of Operation Every other Monday
- Eligibility Single mothers/guardians raising African-American sons ages 8-15; must be Allegheny or Westmoreland County resident.
- Start Time 6:00 PM
- End Time 8:00 PM
- Genders Served Male
- Minimum Age Served 8
- Maximum Age Served 15
- Minimum Grade Served 3
- Maximum Grade Served 10
- Capacity 120
- Food Provided Yes
- Transportation Provided Transportation is provided within site areas, and child care is provided for siblings.
- PGH Program Yes
- Name Small Seeds Development, Inc.
- Address 6033 Broad St Pittsburgh, PA, 15206
- Phone 1 412-665-2810